Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My friend Erin Jolly is a stay at home mommy too and tagged me to write 7 things about me that you may or may not know. 

First off, I love to cook!!! I have always enjoyed being in the kitchen whether it was helping my mom put away groceries or helping out cooking.  Once I lived on my own, I really started to get into cooking for myself. Now being a wife, I really enjoy cooking for my husband...as well as for my family. I love trying to cook new meals along with my favorites. It is a passion of mine! I also love to go to recipe exchange parties.

Another passion of mine is photography.  Its not something that I could make a living doing but enjoy taking photos of nature and family/friends. Nothing can capture moments better than photos! I have a Nikon D50 camera that I got last year for my birthday and love it!!!

I love to play sports. Growing up I was a tom boy who would climb trees, play in the dirt, and even wanted to dress in my brothers clothes. This turned into a love for sports growing up as well. I swam competitively year round for many years, I played softball, and played tennis growing up. These are still my favorite past times. I play on a tennis team each year (however, I took this season off because of Masyn, but will be picking it back up in the spring). 

One not so good trait of mine that really only my husband knows is my obsessive passenger seat driving. It is sort of joke with us, but he rarely drives when we are together. He drives very safe by going the speed limit (the exact speed limit)...and it drives me nuts! So needless to say, I drive when we are together. :)

Some may or may not know that I am pretty accident prone...growing up I broke my arm, cracked my chin open, and have been in the emergency room a fair share of times. I’ve had stitches in my upper lip by hitting the dashboard of a car...I cracked a tooth on the airbag of a friends car (I was riding in all these accidents...not driving)...and I have fractured my knee caps by tripping at work when I worked in a restaurant and landed on my knees. I also was thrown off of a four wheeler and fell over a cliff...thankfully I had a helmet because it cracked on impact. So I try to stay out of harms way these days. 

I love to sign up to be consultants for different companies because I get a lot of products for the starter price. I currently sell Mary Kay but don’t really try to make any money doing it. I also am a consultant for Taste of Home Entertaining. I’ve thought about signing up for Pampered Chef and Party Lite but decided not to do too many. I’m not sure why I love it so much, but I always find something that I like with each company. 

One thing that everyone knows is the love for my family. I have the greatest husband and daughter in the entire world. I could not get through each day without them!! They are my world!! 

1 comment:

Jason, Erin, Ella, and Colin said...

Yay, I hadn't seen this blog yet, so I am just now reading your 7 things! I didn't know you were so accident prone:) Yikes! And the signing up to be consultants cracked me up!