This past weekend was quite an adventure. We headed to Savannah on Friday to help Waylins brother and his wife move into their new beautiful home! Beau went with us because we decided since we were in Savannah we might as well drive the additional hour to the beach house on Fripp. We arrived Friday evening and ordered pizza at the new house. The beds weren't there yet so we stayed at their old house. Both Saturday and Sunday were spent moving. Masyn was a trooper since we had her totally off her schedule and apparently wasn't feeling 100%. Sunday she had a slight fever of about 102 but thought it was from her teething so I gave her some Tylenol. She woke up Sunday and had extremelly smelly pee diaper. I thought that she might have a UTI but wasnt sure. That night we all went out to dinner b/c the moving was finally over. We got back to the house around 11pm and was about to settle in for the night and we got Masyn out of her carseat. Earlier in the day we purchased a 'sticker' thermometer that sticks to their armpit so you don't have to keep taking it...well she'd had it on all day and I thought maybe it had a time limit and that's why it read off the charts. She was BURNING up so we took her ear temp and it was 104.4!!!! I was so scared...she didn't seem very sick just tired. I called our pediatrician and he said get her to the hospital. So there we went at midnight to the hospital in Savannah. We were there until about 3am and she had to get a catheter :( It was awful and I hope she never has to go through that again. The doctor said she had "dirty pee" and that she has a UTI. They gave her motrin and it brought her temp down enough to be released. She's feeling much better now and is on antibiotics.
Also our silly dog decided he really liked the large size of Craig and Melanie's back yard...enough so that he would run as fast as he could back and forth. It rained Saturday and there was a large area in the yard that didn't have good drainage...much like a pool for a dog. I looked out the window Sunday morning and saw he was having so much fun so I let him pounce and frolic in the yard. Anyways, later in the day Beau would run up to you excited and whimper like he was in pain. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Then we noticed that his tail looked broken...GREAT! We were going to take him to the vet in Savannah on Monday morning until the ER visit with Masyn. Turns out he had something called Limber Tail...its apparently common in labs who over exert themselves. I'm guessing its sort of like a pulled muscle. I read about it determined that was it...his tail is back to normal now.
Anyways, we really needed to go to the beach house to relax after that weekend, so we went. It was very relaxing but too cold to go to the beach. We had to take Masyn to play in the sand since we were there. She loved it! She touched it with her toes first and wiggled her little piggies. It was over from there...she would scream when we tried to pick her up. She loved it...she would pick up the sand and crawl in it. She was precious!
1 comment:
Wow, what a weekend! How scary to have to take your baby to the ER. At least she had fun at the beach. She is so cute! Mason just had is first bout ever with the flu this past weekend...that was no fun! Take care!
Karla
Post a Comment